- Balloon2D is auto-ballooning software for capturing annotations from 2D engineering drawings.
- Balloon2D is part of MBDVidia Suite, the leading MBD workflow & CAD translation software for digital manufacturing
- MBDVidia is the only software that provides 2D, 3D (True MBD), and dual 2D/3D workflows for automated inspection planning and reporting.
What is Balloon2D?
Balloon2D captures annotations from 2D engineering drawings and converts them into machine-readable Bill of Characteristics (BoC). This leads to automated inspection planning, reporting, and workflows (e.g. AS9102 FAI, PPAP, etc.).
What makes Balloon2D special?
Balloon2D is one of the available tiers inside MBDVidia, the leading MBD (model-based definition) workflow and CAD translation software for power users.
By providing a 2D workflow, MBDVidia provides a 2D, 3D, or dual 2D/3D option for manufacturers and suppliers in their digital manufacturing journey.
For MBD-centric companies, this provides a path to upgrade and digitize their legacy drawings.
For drawing-centric companies, this maintains current practices with the ability to upgrade to MBD-based workflows.
Request a trial/demo of Balloon2D.
We're here to help.
How does Balloon2D work?
1. Load and capture annotations from any 2D engineering drawing.
- Auto-capture or define zones.
- DPI sensitivity for complex drawings.
2. View data in a machine-readable Bill of Characteristics (BoC).
- Approve, edit, or delete scanned characteristics.
- Create new characteristics in the BoC not found on the drawing.
3. Publish to PDF, HTML, and Net-Inspect.
- Save up to 50-80% time on inspection reports.
- Eliminate manual entry errors and time burden.
4. Collect and harvest data.
- Machine-readable centralized data that flows from a single source of truth.
- Analyze data for future insights and projects.
MBDVidia is the most powerful CAD translation software in the market with a focus on MBD workflows: human and machine-readable CAD models that automate manual tasks, reduce errors, save time, and bring products to market faster, cheaper, and better.
Capvidia provides True MBD (model-based definition). Model-based definition (MBD) is the practice of having the 3D CAD model become the authoritative information source for a product's lifecycle. This is done by including semantic product manufacturing information (PMI) within the 3D CAD model that is both human and machine-readable. Innovators in digital manufacturing have seen double-digital productivity gains (up to 20%) with the adoption of model-based workflows. Learn More: www.capvidia.com.