- Capvidia demonstrated a wide range of MBD-based technologies featuring quality & inspection planning.
- Together with PolyWorks (dimensional inspection), Kitov (visual inspection) and FARO (dimensional inspection), we featured how MBD could automate & streamline manual tasks.
- For those not ready for the MBD digital transformation, Balloon2D provides auto-ballooning solutions for 2D drawings now with an upgrade path to 3D MBD later.
IMTS 2022 Workflow w/ QIF MBD
During IMTS 2022, Capvidia and partners demonstrate real-world use causes of MBD in action.
Sample workflow steps:
- Publish QIF MBD (human & machine readable 3D CAD model with manufacturing data aka PMI aka BoC) from native CAD model (e.g. SolidWorks, Creo, NX, etc.)
- Balloon in MBDVidia.
- Load QIF MBD model to inspection system or tools: PolyWorks, Kitov, Excel, etc.
- Automate manual tasks.
- Import all as-built data from PolyWorks, Kitov, general inspection, etc. into QIF with MBDVidia.
- MBD: One CAD model, one single source of truth.
Request a demo of MBD in action
We're here to help.
Balloon2D: Auto Ballooning 2D Drawings
For companies transitioning from 2D-paper-based workflows to MBD or for digitally transforming legacy data to MBD, Capvidia released Balloon2D.
Balloon2D captures annotations from 2D engineering drawings and converts them into machine-readable Bill of Characteristics (BoC). This leads to automated inspection planning, reporting, and workflows (e.g. AS9102 FAI, PPAP, etc.).
Balloon2D is one of the available tiers inside MBDVidia, the leading MBD (model-based definition) workflow and CAD translation software for power users.
By providing a 2D workflow, MBDVidia provides a 2D, 3D, or dual 2D/3D option for manufacturers and suppliers in their digital manufacturing journey.
For MBD-centric companies, this provides a path to upgrade and digitize their legacy drawings. For drawing-centric companies, this maintains current practices with the ability to upgrade to MBD-based workflows.
Learn more about Balloon2D.
MBDVidia is the most powerful CAD translation software in the market with a focus on MBD workflows: human and machine-readable CAD models that automate manual tasks, reduce errors, save time, and bring products to market faster, cheaper, and better.
Capvidia provides True MBD (model-based definition). Model-based definition (MBD) is the practice of having the 3D CAD model become the authoritative information source for a product's lifecycle. This is done by including semantic product manufacturing information (PMI) within the 3D CAD model that is both human and machine-readable. Innovators in digital manufacturing have seen double-digital productivity gains (up to 20%) with the adoption of model-based workflows. Learn More: www.capvidia.com.