CFD Simulation Projects with FlowVision
Capvidia offers wide range of CFD simulations solution. To better understand FlowVision capabilities we propose pilot projects allowing you to evaluate FlowVision. Starting a pilot project is the best and fastest way to evaluate FlowVision's capability to solve your particular CFD problems. Our experts will guide you through the project and share with you our expertise. We offer various CFD projects covering all basic as well as the most advanced CFD simulations:
- External aerodynamics – virtual aerodynamic tunnel
- Internal flow in hydraulic systems, pumps, compressors, etc., including small clearances
- Cooling of electric and electronic devices – thermal analysis
- Flow in system with moving bodies (engines, bearings, valve systems, rotors, pistons, etc.)
- Naval applications (ship toeing resistance, floating stability, bouncing, waves, free-surface, etc.)
- Windmills and wind propelling systems
- Jet propulsion
- Industrial gas burner, burning processes, gas mixing in combustion chamber
- Fluid Structure Interaction – co-simulation with SIMULIA Abaqus
- Medical applications (heart valve simulation, lounge and nasal ventilation, etc.)
FlowVision includes unique features allowing effective addressing specialised and consider being difficult CFD applications. Automatic meshing with clearance tracking mechanism allows not only simulations of moving bodies in the simulation domain, but also very thin bodies and small clearances (much smaller than element size of the computational grid). The mesh generation is based on the SGGR (Sub-Grid-Geometry-Resolution) techniques maintaining original CAD geometry boarder through the meshing process. In this way we can track resolve all dimensionality problems in the simulation domain (resolve elements much smaller than the size of the smallest element). This technique is also used to track closing and opening of mechanisms as valves, where clearance between two elements is continuously changing and is equal to zero at the moment of closing.
Modular and modern implementation based on object oriented programming (flexible C++) makes the code very flexible and easy for extensions and adaptation. FlowVision is a suitable platform for adding new capabilities and extending functionality.
We actively proceed with challenging CFD projects in close cooperation with industrial partners providing not only financing for the projects, but also validating simulation results with experimental data. In this way we have pioneered development of Fluid-Structure-Interaction capability in co-simulation with SIMULIA /Abaqus to develop special simulation tools for ranking hydroplaning capability of automotive tires. Another large project of this kind resulted in the development of specialised tools for full 3D simulation of screw compressors. The tool is used today by the market leader for optimizing and improving the compressor design.
Capvidia continuously looks for companies /partners interested in niche CFD applications willing to enter special development projects further extending FlowVision capabilities.
We offer exclusive contracts during the development period giving our clients competitive advantage over the competition.
At this moment we are looking for industrial/commercial partners interested in:
- Water soiling simulation – simulation of complete car moving at high speed through heavy rain
- Medical applications involving multi-phase and fluid structure interaction
- Modeling flow in the cooling turbine enclosure
The selection criteria for choosing partners/projects are the following:
- Companies requiring complex or not standard CFD simulations
- Companies having possibility to experimental verification of simulation results
- Companies with market leading position
- Companies willing to start long term projects time > one year or longer